James Miller

 

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

 

Why I'm Voting No in the European Referendum

I'm very pro-European and broadly support the new European Constitution.

But I shall not be voting for it! Why?

1. I feel strongly we should be in the Euro. It would be a firm sign that we are throwing ourselves in with the humane European ideals, rather than the cruel ones of the United States.

2. We should also be in Schengen, which allow Europeans to move freely within the European Community. If we are true Europeans, why should we have to show passports every time we cross borders. The French don't when they go into Germany and Spain.

Joining both would surely increase trade and get more tourists to the UK. Would you as a Frenchman come to the UK for the weekend, if it meant you had to change money and also show your passport. You'd probably go to Madrid instead.

So I won't be voting for something that doesn't include the things I feel important.

But there is also the fact, that I wouldn't vote for this wretched Government, which runs riot over human rights, imposes petty restrictions on business, takes us into pointless wars illegally and then bans field sports.

The sooner they are gone and are replaced by something more liberal, that will take the real decisions for the twenty-first century the better!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home