James Miller

 

Friday, December 02, 2005

 

Fear of Racism

A lot of people are fearful when approached by someone of a different race.

Some years ago before the automatic gates, I was coming out of the tube when a young black guy dropped something in front of me. It was his wallet and monthly season ticket. I called after him to stop and he just ran. Finally, after about four hundred metres, I caught him up and gave them back. He said that he thought he must have done something wrong and was sorry for his actions. Was he a bit paranoid because he was black? He needn’t have been!

He also said what could he do for me! I told him to do something similar when say an old lady drops her purse.

We must pass on our favours to others, if they can’t be returned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home