James Miller

 

Sunday, June 04, 2006

 

Parking Fines

I've always felt terribly aggrieved when I get a parking ticket, as I'm pretty law-abiding on this one and usually there is some unfortunate circumstances, such as misreading the signs or overstaying a meter. I've probably had no more than five tickets in forty years of extensive driving.

I suspect many people are like me and getting a ticket only exacerbates the problem between themselves, the wardens, the police and the local council.

Perhaps a better way would be first to have as you suggest graduated fees for different levels of parking offence.

I would also suggest that they be increased steeply, but that everyone would be allowed to reclaim one parked ticket, when the appropriate vehicle is relicenced.

This would probably not result in any loss of parking revenue, as the same serial illegal parkers would still do it, but the goodwill engendered would be very worth while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home