James Miller

 

Monday, August 28, 2006

Downloading and Piracy

 

A lot of the problems are down to the record and DVD industries.

I have sold my computer software on-line for nearly 10 years and the attitude of the record/DVD industries was to put their heads in the sand and hope downloading would go away. In the end Apple completely hi-jacked the downloading, so they lost a lot more from that.

They also sit on back catalogues so that the only way to get the tunes is to illegally copy or download. I run a web site for Dory Previn and only half of her music is available on CD. No matter how we try we can't get Time Warner to release the other albums.

So when I hear representatives from the BPI, I say what a dinosaur.

The interesting thing is that in 10 years, you'll be able to buy an iPod with enough capacity to hold every song ever written. How are they going to get round that one?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home