James Miller

 

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

The Death of Post Offices

 

I live and work in the Suffolk countryside.

I send out quite a few parcels and letters. Now that the Royal Mail allows me to print stamps on-line, I use this excellent service and stick the labels on and then hand everything to the postman, who puts it in his van.

We now buy our Road Tax on-line and the Royal Mail has now lost the contract to sell TV licences.

So my numerous visits to an actual Post Office have reduced to virtually nothing from perhaps once a week.

Why should we subsidise a service that nobody uses?

The banking arm of the Royal Mail which is really all that is left, should be restructured so that it provides a service to those in real need. But this is not the job of the Royal Mail. This belongs to the DSS.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home