James Miller

 

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

On-Line Gambling

 

I gamble on-line a lot, but only in moderation and only on events such as football and horse racing where I can make a reasoned choice. The strange thing is that if I'm at a race meeting, I might bet say £10 each way, on-line it's only a pound. I still get the same thrill of winning.

The real abomination is on-line games of chance like fruit machines. But then they are evil if they are in the local pub.

So regulate if you must, but as a large number of sites are outside of any serious jurisdiction, it is a complete waste of time and a media event for politicians.

What we must do is educate people, to treat small time gambling as any other pleasure, like a quiet drink or good food, so that they only spend what they can afford.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home