James Miller

 

Friday, June 01, 2007

Petition to Refloat the Cutty Sark

 

I received this from one of my on-line correspondents, Tim Trent.

Ever since I was a kid, very soon after the Cutty Sark was placed in her dry dock tomb, I have felt very strongly that this ship was wasted. She should be free, sailing the seas and with crews of our kids. She shoudl be a sail training vessel again. She was once, and was afloat until circa 1954.

Now she has been burnt down we can raise her again and relaunch her as a proud ship.

To this end I have started a petition to the Prime Minister, which, if you agree with, I would love you to sign, at http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/TallShip/. You must be a British citizen or resident to sign the petition.

This is a very good idea and I've signed the petition.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tim Trent said...

Great that you posted this, James. Thank you.

One of the major challenges with petitions like this is getting them air time. Publcising it here will help a lot.

11:01 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home