James Miller

 

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Council Tax

 

Not particular happy with the levels of Council Tax, but at least St. Edmundsbury tries to help.

My wife died recently and they automatically sent me a letter asking if I now lived alone without any prompting from me. I just added two dates to a piece of paper and signed it. Nothing more. Try claiming Bereavement Allowance. Other examples lately show that at least Suffolk and St. Edmundsbury are getting more efficient and that must help.

The real problem with Council Tax is that here in the Greater South East we subsidise the North and Scotland. In the latter the Council Tax is NOT rising. Devolution obviously means greater subsidy.

Why?

Because Gordon Brown’s cabinet contains no-one who represents a constituency south of Birmingham.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home