James Miller

 

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Joy of Early Driving

 

I rose at three, although perhaps rose is the wrong word. More like crawled out would be better. But after a cup of tea and a quick check of e-mails, it was off on the road to Luton.

What a joy at that hour of the morning and a journey that normally would take about and hour and twenty minutes, was completed well within the hour. I saw a badger too scuttling down the road at Brinkley and a fox tried to get itself run over on the dual carriageway in Luton, but I perhaps only passed the odd car and the occassional truck.

Wouldn't it be nice if motoring could always be like that?

I've just checked in and had a reasonable breakfast of bacon and eggs. But I would have preferred something I knew was gluten free. Even the tuna salad had pasta in it. Why? You can get a vegetarian option, but why not one for me and the one in a hundred like me?

I'm writing this at a pound Internet kiosk. Just put your money in and type. Great!

Now it's off to Minsk. Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home