James Miller

 

Tuesday, January 20, 2004

 

Marriage

Dubya is spending a lot of money promoting marriage, but I think he may we putting his money in the wrong place. He usually does!

As someone who deals with statistics, I suspect that there are now more people who have been married for longer than 25 years, than they have ever been!

Basically, we live longer! My parents never made 25 years, as my father died early. That is not so common now! There is also the point, that often second or later marriages last.

On the other hand, Celia, my wife of 35 years, is a barrister! She’s all for divorce for others as it keeps her business going!

So Dubya would be better off promoting health so those that are married stay married longer, and those that aren't just live longer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home