James Miller

 

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

 

EU Working Time Directive

What a load of old rubbish!

I generally work about ten to twelve hours every day, but then I'm self employed. Why should anybody tell me what to do? I also work from home which makes a lot of difference as I have no travelling!

On the other hand, if I want a day off I take one. Or a holiday!

The real trouble is many people work long hours and have no choice. Especially where health and safety is involved. For instance lorry drivers should be restricted to forty eight hours and these hours should be properly checked. Is it a coincidence that some serious accidents have been caused by foreign drivers who had been driving for days.

Also others take three hours or so to get to work! Should that count as working hours? They should work over the Internet when they can to improve efficiency and cut down hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home