James Miller

 

Thursday, July 28, 2005

 

Bomb Images

Is it right to show the images of the bombs found at Luton station in news bulletins?

Apparently, the images were leaked by the FBI to ABC in the States.

This raises a lot of questions about personal data for a start. Supposing, I spend a lot of time playing Internet poker, which is illegal in the US and not in the UK. (I don't, so don't worry about me! It's a totally pointless pursuit!) Now supposing the poker company, I use gets involved with money laundering. Fanciful I know, but all sorts of methods are used to turn dirty money into clean stuff. And then lets suppose that the client list gets in the hands of the FBI, who then leak all the top winners to ABC, saying that these are the money launderers, to teach all poker players a lesson. And my wife found out! Or the Police came to call!

Should we really share things with other intelligence agencies when we can't trust them to keep it quiet, even if we have told them it is confidential.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home