James Miller

 

Friday, August 05, 2005

 

Staying Away From London

No!

My parents told me the stories of living through the Blitz.

Life is full of coincidences!

I used to be a private pilot and in well over 1,000 hours of flying, I had only two accidents.

In the major one I overshot on a wet runway hit a wall and ended in a ditch. Everyone walked away. Just like the Air France jet did in Toronto.

In an earlier one, I’d been flying from Prestwick to Ipswich in a single-engined aircraft, when I had a partial engine failure and had to make an emergency landing. Again all was well!

Where was that incident? Leeds. And as they did this week, they behaved impeccably.

Strange we should get two incidents with large aircraft that mimic my two.

Not really, it’s just a coincidence.

So bombers will not keep me away from my beloved London. When it’s my time to go, I’ll not be able to do anything about it, but the odds of it being a bomber in London, are about the same as being killed on the M25 in a car accident. Strangely, that is more likely now, as more people are avoiding public transport.

Que sera sera!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home