James Miller

 

Thursday, December 08, 2005

 

What a Way to Wake Up

I switched on the televison this morning to see the Beatles performing HELP.

What a way to wake up on a miserable wet day! The song is so emotive.

I saw the Beatles at Hammersmith in 1974 and it was something not to be forgotten.

As one of those who grew up with the Beatles, I think we underestimate how they changed the world. They proved that you could come from almost nowhere and be a tremendous success. Before them success in all fields such as writing, commerce, engineering and science, always came from a conventional route and was conventional.

The Beatles proved that you just had to “Imagine” and you could do it!

I did!

But without them, I don’t think I would have ever tried.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home