James Miller

 

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Divorce

 

I do a lot of IT work with lawyers, based in various parts of the country.

I should also state that my wife is a family barrister with years of practice over East Anglia.

What never seems to surprise me is how divorces and the hassle involved vary throughout the country. Some courts, seem to put off cases for months, whereas others deal with everything efficiently. Some cases of my knowledge have vast fees on one side and very reasonable ones on the other.

So as in many things, if you are going to get divorced, try and do things as amicably as possible and if possible avoid the lawyers and the courts. If you have to use a lawyer, shop around. They are supposed to work for you!

As an aside women lawyers on the whole are cheaper in the long run!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home