James Miller

 

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Safety Fast

 

My father was a fast driver and he taught me how to drive fast safely. Not that these days I exceed the speed limit, as I have an almost clean licence and I want to keep it that way.

But tonight I was coming back from London and I could see in the distance on the A505 as I approached Royston, that a tractor was in the slow lane. Stuck behind it and flashing to be let out was a Volkswagen Golf. So I slowed right down and flashed. The Golf wobbled, so I flashed again and it moved out to pass the tractor.

When I passed the Golf, after I passed the tractor, I noticed the young woman driving it was gabbling away on her mobile phone.

She is an accident waiting to happen.

If you must use a mobile phone whilst driving, make sure you're competent. But most aren't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home