James Miller

 

Friday, October 26, 2007

Back Stabbing

 

I feel I should speak up for those that run businesses well and treat their staff properly.

I’ve been in business for nearly forty years and I can’t remember an incident where someone treated me badly deliberately. I’ve got lots of bad service and trying to get products and services out of companies, is sometimes like pulling teeth. But that’s incompetence.

I should also say, that of the three employees I have at the moment, two have been with me for over fifteen years and the other for nearly three.

There is a link between an incompetent company, bad business practices, staff leaving all the time, inefficiencies and lack of success.

On a more general point, I believe that the more you earn, the less employment rights you should have. So say, if your salary is over £100,000, then you can be fired on a whim. (You would probably get a premium for this!) How many times have companies or organisations been brought down by a useless manager, who is too expensive to fire?

So Martin Jol would have gone without compensation. As would most footballers who don’t perform. What we’d get is good loyal players, who would get just rewards for their efforts, playing for well-run clubs. Unfortunately, it would never happen.

On the other hand, I know of people who once they were fired, got their ambitions together and became very successful as either employees or employers. Failure is a great motivator.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home