James Miller

 

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Arrival in Belarus

 

It's funny but everyone complained about the fact it took an hour or so to get through immigration in Minsk.

I didn't, as I'm old enough to remember the 1970s, when it took at least three hours to get through US immigration. I'm told it's getting worse again, but it doesn't bother me, as North America is probably the most unfriendly place for a coeliac like me. They seem to have ever more imaginative ways of getting gluten into food every year.

They'll be injecting it into bananas next!

Not that I eat them in the States as they are all those tasteless dollar bananas, which never have the flavour of those Fairtrade ones from the Windward Isles.

The only problem with the wait was that I'd had a cup of coffee spilt down my trousers and I was distinctly uncomfortable. I must admit that I smiled at Celia as to my predicament and she would have laughed if she could or can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home