James Miller

 

Tuesday, March 09, 2004

 

Betting and Jockeys

As an owner and breeder for many years, only once have I ever come across any irregularities. One of our horses may have been doped to stop it many years ago.

On the other hand, I have seen many horses perform completely differently to how everybody thought they would. You just can’t be certain when animals of any sort are involved.

I also regularly bet and win on horses at reasonable odds. Certain trainers seldom bet and aren’t in the public eye, so their horses are rarely fancied and are often at 12 or 20-1. The average punter never considers these horses, just betting his favourites. So when his horse loses he never questions his judgement, he just believes everything is bent!

The best example of this was that I and several of my friends, bet each-way on Terimon for the Derby some years back. We’d seen him do his last piece of work!

He was second at 500-1!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home