James Miller

 

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

 

Ruth Kelly

I am not a man for religion, although I do go along with the basic moral principles that are shared by all of the world's major faiths.

But when someone like Ruth Kelly has veiws that are against scientific correctness, then I feel that I must protest. I did and wrote to The Times, who published my letter.

Sir, Tony Blair’s appointment of Ruth Kelly as Education Secretary is another of his periodic lacks of judgment.

Of all the ministries, with the possible exception of the Foreign Office, Education and Skills is the one where you must have an open and broad mind, as you will be dealing with a myriad of religions, scientific fact and moral dilemmas.

How can Ms Kelly be relied to give a sound unbiased view on faith schools, birth control and stem-cell research?


I have had some interesting replies. And some that are totally bonkers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home