James Miller

 

Friday, May 20, 2005

 

Call Centres

They're criticising them again on Radio 5.

Don’t know them all! But!

I phone three companies quite regularly. Their call centres don’t require lots of button pushing, perhaps one level and then I get an operator who knows what he’s doing, because he’s based in the UK. They also all take time to make sure my query is satisfied. That’s why I keep doing business with them.

The companies are American Express, O2 and Ipswich Town FC. The latter has a queue at busy times, but always tells you how many are waiting, so you know whether to wait.

Only one has every phoned me and that was AMEX. I said I don’t like it, so the polite operator, marked me as not to be called. They’ve never called me again, except once on a security issue!

So don’t use that big tar brush!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home