James Miller

 

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Crossover

 

I have never played a computer game in my life! However, I do understand the fascination as between stints in my father's print works, I played and still do a lot of card and paper games. Sudoku is a new wonder to add to that.

Recently, I saw a presentation by Peter Cochrane, late of BT, and a serious technology guru. He is proposing the use of video game technology to get that all chestnut of video conferencing working better. And cheaper. He also said that in ten years time an iPod will hold every tune, ever recorded. What effect will that have on gaming. Let alone life!

For my part, I wrote a special Internet browser, so that people could watch and refresh several web pages at the same time. The first user was a bookmaker. The software has been taken up by global Internet game players, as they can fool others that they are still awake! To complete the circle the software is now under test with the US Army in Iraq.

Never underestimate the power of any Information Technology to be used in the wrong place for a very good application.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home