James Miller

 

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Climate Change Common Sense

 

Too often we have people promoting doom and gloom on climate change.

Mike Hulme of the University of East Anglia has published an interesting article on the BBC's web site. He is very much against the promotion of catastrophic climate change, by the media, activists and politicians.

I agree with him.

We should all cut emissions of carbon dioxide now! But I do not believe this would cause the average person much trouble. Those that would squeal would be those who have large 4x4's with blacked-up windows, shop out of town, never walk and never use public transport.

Take my wife and myself. I now drive a car with twice the fuel efficiency of the last one, high insulation of our house has cut heating costs and we are just about to change our boiler for a ground-based source and a heat pump.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home