James Miller

 

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Energy Efficient Light Bulbs

 

I think that changing light bulbs is not as easy as you think and I suspect that this is why take-up has not been as high as it should have been.

I should say that light bulbs have been a pain to me for many years, as both the houses I've lived in, in the last thirty years have suffered from power surges, which have blown ordinary bulbs long before they have done. So I did try and convert earlier.

Typically, I use 20 watt and 11 watt GLS ES bulbs with one or two specials. The main problem that I have is that I have several decorative lights, that need 60 watt small bayonet candles. I can't find this bulb at all. A subsidiary problem is that I have some dimmers, but these are on lights not used very often.

To get the bulbs I need, I have to get them on-line. 20 watt GLS ES bulbs never seem to be stocked in supermarkets or DIY stores and decent long life 60 watt candles are not.

So I buy them on-line from The Light Bulb Company.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home