James Miller

 

Friday, December 14, 2007

Trying To Eat Well

 

Celia would have expected me to try and eat well.

Have I? I think so. I try to follow her standards. I've even taking to washing up the dog bowls more often.

Henry and George left on Tuesday afternoon and I was alone that night. Strangely and unexpectedly, in some ways it was almost therapeutic, as I could have my own thoughts and do everything to my own pace. People have to remember that the longest I've been away from Celia since we met was probably about five days. I've always been good at my own company, but not for more than a day or so. I must get used to it.


Wednesday it was a Salad Nicoise at lunchtime and liver from Waitrose, with potatoes and onions, followed by a posset in the evening. I always find that liver with all that vitamin B12 gives me a lift.

Yesterday, it was a nice piece of steak, with more potatoes and cauliflower. It always surprised me how Celia could cook cauliflower so well, as she didn't eat the stuff. But I managed to cook it well enough. For me at any rate. Again I followed it with the cake, jam and custard.

Today, I tried a stuffed pepper thing from Waitrose at lunchtime. It was fine, but I don't think I cooked it the right way. As we often did in the past on Friday night it was sausages, potatoes and beans. Normally, on Fridays we didn't have a pudding, but tonight I ate one of the possets. I suspect that the other two will have to go in the bin as they are a bit past their sell-by date.

So have I been eating enough?

I think so, as my belt is getting tighter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home