James Miller

 

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Save the Post Office

 

Not likely! They are a waste of space. The large ones have queues to match and the small ones are a complete drain on precious resources.

I print all my postage from the excellent Royal Mail site and then hand the parcel to the postman. I get my vehicle excise duty on line and my pensions are paid directly into my bank. I’ve only gone into my local Post Office in the last couple of years, when I’ve an urgent parcel to post and it won’t fit into the letter box. They must love me as it’s already stamped.

What we must do is provide alternative services that work for those who can’t use other services. In rural areas, that probably means closing the offices and providing a mobile one on one or two days a week instead.

We have to get real about loss making services.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home