James Miller

 

Thursday, September 04, 2008

Why No-one uses Rural Bus Services

 

I have a bus pass, so I get to use buses free.

Well! I could if there were any suitable ones.

To get to Newmarket which is about eight miles away is a simple drive through Great Bradley and Dullingham. Haverhill is directly the other way through Thurlow and Great Wratting.

But is there a bus that goes directly from Newmarket to Haverhill, which you would think would be logical?

Of course not!

I typed Great Bradley and Newmarket into a web site which gives you all of the bus journeys in Suffolk and it gave me two options.

1. Go via Cambridge changing twice at Withersfield and Cambridge - Time 2 hrs 3 mins.
2. Go via Little Thurlow - Time 1 hr 52 mins.

Are they serious?

Of course not!

I could walk it almost as quick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home