James Miller

 

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Window on Manchester

 

Opposite The Lowry Museum is the Imperial War Museum.

Imperial War Museum North - Salford
The following pictures were taken from the tower and show Manchester on a typically grey day. I should say that the sun did come out later.

Salford Quay Flats
These flats were built a couple of years ago and Celia bought one, whilst she was on a case in the city. Not sure where it is though, but I think it's in the block on the right.

Looking Towards Manchester
This picture shows the view looking towards Manchester from the tower. Note the lifting bridge in the front, which has been used as part of the route in several triathlons. The Lowry is at the left of the picture with the Lowry Outlet Mall behind.

The Lowry from the IWM North
This shows The Lowry.

It's a pity that the design of the tower doesn't allow views to the west. I suspect that you could probably see Liverpool Cathedral on a good day. After all I think the first time I saw Liverpool Cathedral was from the top of Snowdon at about eleven. That may be wrong, as memory plays tricks in time, but I do remember someone saying to my family, that the day we went up Snowdon was one of the best for visibility in months.

I was disappointed with the museum. But then I often am these days, as they sacrifice detail and interesting content for style and political correctness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home