James Miller

 

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

More Queuing at the Belarus Hotel

 

Belarus seems to love queues and yet again at the Belarus Hotel, there were more to check in. Not that they were too bad, as Sport Options got us all organised.

A Twin Room in the Hotel Belarus
So perhaps after another hour or so, I'd got my room on the third floor, with a nice escape route over the roofs in case of fire.

Escape Route from the Hotel Belarus
I don't know why I'm paranoid about fire, but I've lived in tower blocks in the Barbican, where they leave nothing to chance. I doubt that concrete hotels in Belarus are as fire safe.

The Belarus Hotel
I'll talk more about the hotel later, but it is a bit of a paradox. It's ugly and set in beautiful, well-kept and safe gardens. My room was very tired, but the staff were generally helpful, even if a lot had no English at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home