James Miller

 

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Roman Law

 

Celia nearly didn't end up as a barrister.

After her first year at University College, Celia had failed Roman Law. It so happened that summer that we had swapped houses with people in Westport Connecticut, as I was trying to sell PERT7 to the Yanks. No-one has ever realised that the data structures of PERT7 and Artemis were exactly the same. As the first one worked, why shouldn't I have used it again.

What held a dark hand over this holiday was that Celia was trying to revise her Roman Law, which on the one hand she hated and on the other didn't think it was that important.

At one point we were travelling down the freeway and all her notes on the subject started to disappear out of the window. At this point, I stopped the car and attempted to retrieve the notes. Celia thought I was mad running about in the traffic.

But I got enough for her to pass the exam.

Would she have passed if I hadn't?

Probably!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home