James Miller

 

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Is Celia Watching?

 

On Friday, I went racing at Newmarket. I have a members badge so I ought to use it. But also the racing wasn't too bad for a Friday night and Jools Holland with his Rhythm and Blues Orchestra was the entertainment after racing.

As Celia and I, always used to do, I did the Tote PlacePot. I missed by one race, where I had the third and fourth in a seven-horse race. If there had been the eight runners when I placed my bets, I'd have had a nice return.

Celia was an ace for the PlacePots and got them up more often than she didn't.

One thing that annoyed me was that two people I know well, seemed to avoid me. Perhaps they never saw me, but it is no excuse, when others do their best to make my life a bit happier. Not that I'm that depressed or unhappy at the moment, but I'm still rather lonely.

Still Jools cheered me up and I went home a lot happier than I went.

On Saturday, I had an article about bereavement published in the East Anglian Daily Times. I had already had a positive report from Helen about what I had written and an old friend, Tanji, said the same. At least I'm doing something right!

I also got the PlacePot right too. Did Celia help? She would have approved of my methods though.

But too many others got it right and I made a profit of four pounds.

Still as they say in many sports, a win is a win

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home