James Miller

 

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Clash of Sports

 

Yesterday, there was racing at Newmarket and football at Portman Road. I have season ticket at both.

This is the e-mail I wrote to the BBC.

Not really about a long journey, but today is the best days racing of the year at Newmarket and Ipswich are at home. I’m a member at Newmarket and a season ticket holder at Portman Road. There are quite a lot of people who are the same as me.

It’s not the only time it has happened. Surely, in this day and age, with computerised generation of match fixtures, it should be possible to ensure that Ipswich are not at home on the three or four Saturdays, when Newmarket stages a big meeting. Especially, as race meetings are known several years in advance.

Luke Harvey felt that there was only one choice.

I would have agreed with him, but I sit with friends at Ipswich and sometimes Newmarket can be a lonely place by yourself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home